The American Heart Association Bloodborne Pathogens course is designed to meet the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction. This course can be a stand alone course or added to any CPR course. Meets OSHA 1910.1030 requirements for annual bloodborne pathogens training.
This class is not intended for healthcare providers.
Please take our BLS Course if you are in the healthcare field.
AHA’s course uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan “Make PACT, Know how to ACT,” to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training
Who is This Class Recommended For?
- Correctional officers
- Childcare workers
- Security guards
- Maintenance workers
- Hotel housekeepers
- Health and Fitness club staff
- Tattoo artists
Students Learn How To
- Protect themselves from the exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace