This Nurse’s Aide/Assistant/CNA program will prepare students for the Connecticut Department of Public Health and Department of Higher Education CNA requirements. CNA, also known as a certified nurse’s aide, is an entry-level healthcare job that prepares those interested in becoming a nurse with the experience and exposure to the healthcare field. The CNA program consists of both a classroom section and clinical segment. Each program consists of 102 class hours, which is broken into 42 classroom hours, 27 lab hours and 33 clinical hours. This course provides training in fundamental nursing skills and theory and is designed to meet the Connecticut Department of Public Health requirements while preparing the student for the Pro-Metric State exam. Our Nurse’s Aide course is perfect for those who live in Stamford, CT/ Norwalk, CT/ Port Chester, NY/ New Haven, CT/Hamden, CT.
Our CNA program is the ONLY 2½ week program in all of Southern Connecticut and Fairfield County.
New Haven Campus NOW OPEN!
Who Should Attend?
Northeast Medical Institute’s CNA course is designed for those seeking employment as a Nurse’s Aide or CNA. We highly recommend:
- High School Seniors/Juniors (or those who just graduated High School)
We recommend you get clinical experience before spending thousands of dollars at a college to become an RN or LPN without knowing if the medical field is right for you.
- Individuals seeking a Career Change
Are you looking to change your career and want to get your foot in the door in the medical field? Our CNA course can start you out in the right direction to gain invaluable experience as a nurse’s aide.
- Unemployed Individuals
Are you unemployed and need to make money to pay bills that are piling up? You may qualify for our financing through Paypal!
What Does a CNA/Nurse’s Aide Do?
- Nurse’s aides measure and record vitals of the patient
- CNAs assist with all forms of activities of daily living (ADLs)
- CNAs provide infection control and change bedding
- Nurse’s aides document and report observations of patient behaviors
- Nurse’s aides assist Registered Nurses with required daily tasks
Training Topics Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Initial training
- Basic nursing skills
- Personal care skills
- Mental health and social services
- Care of cognitively impaired residents
- Basic restorative services
- Residents rights
- Basic Life Support CPR