This Patient Care Technician/ PCT program will prepare students for testing within the Certified Nurse Aide, Phlebotomy Tech and EKG Tech program offered at Northeast Medical Institute. The PCT Program is an entry-level healthcare job which can lead a rewarding career in a hospital as a Patient Care Technician( PCT) or Patient Care Associate position. Our Patient Care Tech course is perfect for those who live in Stamford, CT/ Norwalk, CT/ Port Chester, NY/ New Haven, CT/Hamden, CT/ Hartford, CT/ Wethersfield, CT/New Britain, CT/Manchester, CT.
The PCT program consists of 3 parts:
- Part 1– Obtain your CT CNA ( Certified Nurse Aide) License.
- Part 2 – Graduate from an accredited Phlebotomy Training program within 2 years.
- Part 3 – You must take the EKG program and then finish with the National Healthcareer Association CPCT Exam to fulfill your PCT requirements.
Our PCT program is the ONLY 5-week program in all of Fairfield County, New Haven County, and Hartford County.
Are you already a CNA and want a career upgrade? Take our PCT program to get more opportunities within a hospital setting.
Who Should Attend?
Northeast Medical Institute’s Patient Care Tech(PCT) course is designed for those who are seeking employment as a PCT or PCA. We highly recommend:
- Pre-Pa/ Pre-Med College students
We recommend Pre-Physician Assistant college students and Pre-Med college students who need to fulfill clinical hours to take our PCT program. Our PCT program will give you the best opportunities to add to your resume before applying to a Physician Assistant and Med School.
- Individuals seeking a Career Change
Are you looking for a career change and want to get your foot in the door in the Hospital? Our Patient Care Tech (PCT) course can start you out in the right direction to gain invaluable experience as a PCT.
- Unemployed Individuals
Unemployed? Need to make money to pay bills? We offer financing to those who qualify through Paypal. Our 6 month no interest financing is offered to those who have a credit score of 660+.
What Does a Patient Care Tech/ PCT/ PCA do?
- Patient Care Technician’s measure and record vitals.
- PCT’s assist with all ADLs that CNAs perform on a daily routine.
- Patient Care Technician will draw blood from patients and also work in labs.
- PCT’s can perform EKGs or ECGS on patients.
- Patient Care Technicians work in a Hospital, Nursing Home, or Clinical setting
- PCT’s work closely with nurses in conjunction with caring for patients and residents.